- Boil rice whichever way you like to boil it, be in a pot, pressure cooker, or rice cooker. Up to you. Keep it fluffy, because if you cook it like khichdi your food is going to suck.
2. Remove the rice from the container and spread it out in a plate. Make sure the grains are as separate as possible. You may want to drop a tablespoon of oil to keep the cooked rice from sticking.
3. Now, in a pan, take some oil. All the next steps are to be done at a rapid pace, taking care to stir continuously, without letting anything stick and/or burn.
4. Drop in a bit of ginger garlic paste, a few cloves of garlic, and some green chilies. Fry until the stuff starts sputtering and the garlic starts looking ever so slightly brown.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the Onion, Cabbage, Carrots, and French Beans. If it starts to burn, add a thimble of water. No more.
6. Cook while stirring continuously. After they’re about halfway done, add capsicum. I added the capsicum late because I like it crunchy but if you like it limp, put it in along with the other veggies.
7. Cook till done. Now, add soya sauce, chili sauce, and salt.
8. Add rice and stir well. Make sure you mix the veggies well into the rice.
9. Cook for two minutes. Add MSG, vinegar and Pepper powder.
10. Mix well, and garnish with spring onion greens.